1. Mohan P, Sethi H, Reddy KR, Bhan MK. Designing primary healthcare systems for future in India. J Family Med Prim Care. 2019 Jun;8(6):1817-1820.
2. Choudhary TS, Srivastava A, Chowdhury R, Taneja S, Bahl R, Martines J, Bhan MK, Bhandari N. Severe wasting among Indian infants <6 months: Findings from the National Family Health Survey 4. Matern Child Nutr. 2019 Jun 25:e12866.
3. Bhan MK, Sinha B. Immunisation against influenza in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet Glob Health. 2019 Jul;7(7):e827-e828
4. Upadhyay RP, Naik G, Choudhary TS, Chowdhury R, Taneja S, Bhandari N, Martines JC, Bahl R, Bhan MK. Cognitive and motor outcomes in children born low birth weight: a systematic review and meta-analysis of studies from South Asia. BMC Pediatr. 2019 Jan 29;19(1):35
5. Chowdhury R, Taneja S, Bhandari N, Strand TA, Bhan MK. Vitamin D deficiency and mild to moderate anemia in young North Indian children: A secondary data analysis. Nutrition. 2019 Jan;57:63-68
6. Taneja S, Dalpath S, Bhandari N, Kaur J, Mazumder S, Chowdhury R, Mundra S, Bhan MK. Operationalising integrated community case management of childhood illnesses by community health workers in rural Haryana. Acta Paediatr. 2018 Dec;107 Suppl 471:80-88
7. Ella R, Bobba R, Muralidhar S, Babji S, Vadrevu KM, Bhan MK. A Phase 4, multicentre, randomized, single-blind clinical trial to evaluate the immunogenicity of the live, attenuated, oral rotavirus vaccine (116E), ROTAVAC®, administered simultaneously with or without the buffering agent in healthy infants in India. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2018 Jul 3;14(7):1791-1799
8. Upadhyay RP, Martines JC, Taneja S, Mazumder S, Bahl R, Bhandari N, Dalpath S, Bhan MK. Risk of postneonatal mortality, hospitalisation and suboptimal breast feeding practices in low birthweight infants from rural Haryana, India: findings from a secondary data analysis. BMJ Open. 2018 Jun 22;8(6):e020384. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-020384
9. Taneja S, Rongsen-Chandola T, Mohan SB, Mazumder S, Bhandari N, Kaur J, Arya N, Chowdhury R, Martines JC, Bahl R, Bhan MK. Mid upper arm circumference as a predictor of risk of mortality in children in a low resource setting in India. PLoS One. 2018 Jun 1;13(6)
10. Sinha B, Taneja S, Chowdhury R, Mazumder S, Rongsen-Chandola T, Upadhyay RP, Martines J, Bhandari N, Bhan MK. Low-birthweight infants born to short-stature mothers are at additional risk of stunting and poor growth velocity: Evidence from secondary data analyses. Matern Child Nutr. 2018 Jan;14(1)
11. Upadhyay RP, Chowdhury R, Mazumder S, Taneja S, Sinha B, Martines J, Bahl R, Bhandari N, Bhan MK. Immunization practices in low birth weight infants from rural Haryana, India: Findings from secondary data analysis. J Glob Health. 2017 Dec;7(2):020415
12. Chowdhury R, Taneja S, Bhandari N, Kvestad I, Strand TA, Bhan MK. Vitamin-D status and neurodevelopment and growth in young north Indian children: a secondary data analysis. Nutr J. 2017 Sep 18;16(1):59
13. Tiku VR, Jiang B, Kumar P, Aneja S, Bagga A, Bhan MK, Ray P. First study conducted in Northern India that identifies group C rotavirus as the etiological agent of severe diarrhea in children in Delhi. Virol J. 2017 May 30;14(1):100
14. Chandola TR, Taneja S, Goyal N, Antony K, Bhatia K, More D, Bhandari N, Cho I, Mohan K, Prasad S, Harshavardhan G, Rao TS, Vrati S, Bhan MK. ROTAVAC® does not interfere with the immune response to childhood vaccines in Indian infants: A randomized placebo controlled trial. Heliyon. 2017 May 16;3(5):e00302.
15. Arora NK, Swaminathan S, Mohapatra A, Gopalan HS, Katoch VM, Bhan MK, Rasaily R. Research priorities in Maternal, Newborn, & Child Health & Nutrition for India: An Indian Council of Medical Research-INCLEN Initiative. Indian J Med Res. 2017 May;145(5):611-622
16. Chowdhury R, Taneja S, Bhandari N, Sinha B, Upadhyay RP, Bhan MK, Strand TA. Vitamin-D deficiency predicts infections in young north Indian children: A secondary data analysis. PLoS One. 2017 Mar 8;12(3):e0170509.
17. Were WM, Daelmans B, Bhutta Z, Duke T, Bahl R, Boschi-Pinto C, Young M, Starbuck E, Bhan MK. Children's health priorities and interventions. BMJ. 2015 Sep 14;351:h4300.
18. Taneja S, Bahl S, Mazumder S, Martines J, Bhandari N, Bhan MK. Impact on inequities in health indicators: Effect of implementing the integrated management of neonatal and childhood illness programme in Haryana, India. J Glob Health. 2015 Jun;5(1):010401
19. Bhan MK, Paul VK. Outpatient treatment for neonates and young infants with clinically suspected severe infection. Lancet Glob Health. 2015 May;3(5):e245-6
20. Tate JE, Arora R, Bhan MK, Yewale V, Parashar UD, Kang G. Rotavirus disease and vaccines in India: a tremendous public health opportunity. Vaccine. 2014;32 Suppl 1:vii-xii. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.05.047.
21. Tiku VR, Sharma S, Verma A, Kumar P, Raghavendhar S, Aneja S, Paul VK, Bhan MK, Ray P. Rotavirus diversity among diarrheal children in Delhi, India during 2007-2012. Vaccine. 2014;32 Suppl 1:A62-7.
22. John J, Sarkar R, Muliyil J, Bhandari N, Bhan MK, Kang G. Rotavirus gastroenteritis in India, 2011-2013: revised estimates of disease burden and potential impact of vaccines. Vaccine. 2014;32 Suppl 1:A5-9.
23. Bhandari N, Rongsen-Chandola T, Bavdekar A, John J, Antony K, Taneja S, Goyal N, Kawade A, Kang G, Rathore SS, Juvekar S, Muliyil J, Arya A, Shaikh H, Abraham V, Vrati S, Proschan M, Kohberger R, Thiry G, Glass R, Greenberg HB, Curlin G, Mohan K, Harshavardhan GV, Prasad S, Rao TS, Boslego J, Bhan MK. Efficacy of a monovalent human-bovine (116E) rotavirus vaccine in Indian children in the second year of life. Vaccine. 2014 Aug 11;32 Suppl 1:A110-6
24. Bhandari N, Rongsen-Chandola T, Bavdekar A, John J, Antony K, Taneja S, Goyal N, Kawade A, Kang G, Rathore SS, Juvekar S, Muliyil J, Arya A, Shaikh H, Abraham V, Vrati S, Proschan M, Kohberger R, Thiry G, Glass R, Greenberg HB, Curlin G, Mohan K, Harshavardhan GV, Prasad S, Rao TS, Boslego J, Bhan MK. Efficacy of a monovalent human-bovine (116E) rotavirus vaccine in Indian infants: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2014 Jun 21;383(9935):2136-43a
25. Bhan MK, Glass RI, Ella KM, Bhandari N, Boslego J, Greenberg HB, Mohan K, Curlin G, Rao TS. Team science and the creation of a novel rotavirus vaccine in India: a new framework for vaccine development. Lancet. 2014 Jun 21; 383(9935):2180-3
26. Bhan MK. Accelerated progress to reduce under-5 mortality in India. Lancet Glob Health. 2013 Oct;1(4):e172-3
27. India Project Team of the International Cancer Genome Consortium. Nat Commun. 2013 Mutational landscape of gingivo-buccal oral squamous cell carcinoma reveals new recurrently-mutated genes and molecular subgroups. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2873
28. International Fetal and Newborn Growth Consortium for the 21st Century. BJOG. 2013 Sep. Translating research into practice: the introduction of the INTERGROWTH-21st package of clinical standards, tools and guidelines into policies, programmes and services.
29. WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study Group. Parental height and child growth from birth to 2 years in the WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study. Matern Child Nutr. 2013 Sep.
30. Stoll BJ, Bhan MK. New research on community management of severe neonatal infections. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013 Sep. 32:S1-S2.
31. Koff WC, Burton DR, Johnson PR, Walker BD, King CR, Nabel GJ, Admed R, Bhan MK, Plotkin SA. Accelerating next-generation vaccine development for global disease prevention. Science. 2013 May: Science 340, 1232910 (2013).
32. Serazin AC, Shackelton LA, Wilson C, Bhan MK. Improving the performance of enteric vaccines in the developing world. Nat Immunol. 2010;11(9):769-73.
33. Sharma S, Nakagomi T, Nakagomi O, Paul VK, Bhan MK, Ray P. Convalescent phase sera from children infected with G12 rotavirus cross-neutralize rotavirus strains belonging to the Wa genogroup. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:1794-9.
34. International Cancer Genome Consortium. International network of cancer genome projects. Nature 2010;464(7291):993-8.
35. Sharma S, Paul VK, Bhan MK, Ray P. Genomic characterization of nontypeable rotaviruses and detection of a rare G8 strain in Delhi, India. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:3998-4005.
36. Bahl R, Saxena M, Bhandari N, Taneja S, Mathur M, Parashar UD, Gentsch J,Shieh WJ, Zaki SR, Glass R, Bhan MK; Delhi Intussusception Study Hospital Group. Population-based incidence of intussusception and a case-control study to examine the association of intussusception with natural rotavirus infection among Indian children. J Infect Dis. 2009;200 Suppl 1:S277-81.
37. Taneja S, Bhandari N, Rongsen-Chandola T, Mahalanabis D, Fontaine O, Bhan MK. Effect of zinc supplementation on morbidity and growth in hospital-born,low-birth-weight infants. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90(2):385-91
38. Black RE, Bhan MK, Chopra M, Rudan I, Victora CG. Accelerating the health impact of the Gates Foundation. Lancet. 2009 May 9;373(9675):1584-5.
39. Dube B, Rongsen T, Mazumder S, Taneja S, Rafiqui F, Bhandari N, Bhan MK. Comparison of Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food with cereal legume-based khichri among malnourished children. Indian Pediatr. 2009 May;46(5):383-8.
40. Bahl R, Martines J, Ali N, Bhan MK, Carlo W, Chan KY, Darmstadt GL, Hamer DH,Lawn JE, McMillan DD, Mohan P, Paul V, Tsai AC, Victora CG, Weber MW, Zaidi AK, Rudan I. Research priorities to reduce global mortality from newborn infections by 2015. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009;28(1 Suppl):S43-8.
41. Malik J, Gupta SK, Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK, Ray P. Evaluation of IFN-gamma response to rotavirus and non-structural protein NSP4 of rotavirus in children following severe rotavirus diarrhea. J Clin Virol. 2008 Oct;43(2):202-6.
42. Malik J, Bhan MK, Ray P. Natural immunity to rotavirus infection in children. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2008 Aug;45(4):219-28.
43. Nelson EA, Bresee JS, Parashar UD, Widdowson MA, Glass RI; Asian Rotavirus Surveillance Network. Rotavirus epidemiology: the Asian Rotavirus Surveillance Network. Vaccine. 2008;26(26):3192-6.
44. Bhandari N, Mazumder S, Taneja S, Dube B, Agarwal RC, Mahalanabis D, Fontaine O, Black RE, Bhan MK. Effectiveness of zinc supplementation plus oral rehydration salts compared with oral rehydration salts alone as a treatment for acute diarrhea in a primary care setting: a cluster randomized trial. Pediatrics. 2008;121(5):e1279-85.
45. Sharma S, Ray P, Gentsch JR, Glass RI, Kalra V, Bhan MK. Emergence of G12 rotavirus strains in Delhi, India, in 2000 to 2007. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1343-8.
46. Taneja S, Bhandari N, Strand TA, Sommerfelt H, Refsum H, Ueland PM, Schneede J, Bahl R, Bhan MK. Cobalamin and folate status in infants and young children in a low-to-middle income community in India. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007;86:1302-9.
47. Ray P, Sharma S, Agarwal RK, Longmei K, Gentsch JR, Paul VK, Glass RI, Bhan MK. First detection of G12 rotaviruses in newborns with neonatal rotavirus infection at all India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:3824-7.
48. Strand TA, Taneja S, Bhandari N, Refsum H, Ueland PM, Gjessing HK, Bahl R,Schneede J, Bhan MK, Sommerfelt H. Folate, but not vitamin B-12 status, predicts respiratory morbidity in north Indian children. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007;86:139-44.
49. Sazawal S, Dhingra U, Deb S, Bhan MK, Menon VP, Black RE. Effect of zinc added to multi-vitamin supplementation containing low-dose vitamin A on plasma retinol level in children--a double-blind randomized, controlled trial. J Health Popul Nutr. 2007 Mar;25(1):62-6.
50. Fontaine O, Garner P, Bhan MK. Oral rehydration therapy: the simple solution for saving lives. BMJ 2007 Jan 6;334 Suppl 1:s14.
51. Bhandari N, Taneja S, Mazumder S, Bahl R, Fontaine O, Bhan MK. Zinc Study Group. Adding zinc to supplemental iron and folic acid does not affect mortality and severe morbidity in young children. J Nutr 2007 Jan;137(1):112-7.
52. Subodh S, Bhan MK, Ray P. Genetic characterization of VP3 gene of group A rotaviruses. Virus Genes 2006 Oct;33(2):143-5.
53. Kaur G, Rapthap CC, Kumar S, Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK, Mehra NK. Polymorphism in L-selectin, E-selectin and ICAM-1 genes in Asian Indian pediatric patients with celiac disease. Hum Immunol 2006 Aug;67(8):634-8.
54. Ray P, Fenaux M, Sharma S, Malik J, Subodh S, Bhatnagar S, Greenberg H, Glass RI, Gentsch J, Bhan MK. Quantitative evaluation of rotaviral antigenemia in children with acute rotaviral diarrhea. J Infect Dis 2006 Sep 1;194(5):588-93.
55. Bhatnagar S, Phillips AD, Bhan MK. Celiac disease in India. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2006 Aug;43(2):263-4.
56. Bhandari N, Sharma P, Glass RI, Ray P, Greenberg H, Taneja S, Saksena M, Rao CD, Gentsch J. Parashar U, Maldonado Y, Ward RL, Bhan. MK. Safety and immunogenicity of two live attenuated human rotavirus vaccine candidates, 116E and I321, in infants: Results of a randomised controlled trial. Vaccine 2006; 24(31-32):5817-23.
57. Bhandari N, Mazumder S, Taneja S, Dube S, Black RE, Fontaine O, Mahalanabis D, Bhan MK. A Pilot Test of the Addition of Zinc to the Current Case Management Package of Diarrhea in a Primary Healthcare Setting. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2005; 41(5):685-687.
58. Bhan MK, Bahl R, Bhatnagar S. Typhoid and paratyphoid fever. Lancet. 2005 Aug 27-Sep 2;366(9487):749-62.
59. Bhandari N, Mazumder S, Bahl R, Martines J, Black RE, Bhan MK; Infant Feeding Study Group. Use of multiple opportunities for improving feeding practices in under-twos within child health programmes. Health Policy Plan. 2005 Sep;20(5):328-36.
60. Glass RI, Bhan MK, Ray P, Bahl R, Parashar UD, Greenberg H, Rao CD, Bhandari N, Maldonado Y, Ward RL, Bernstein DI, Gentsch JR. Development of candidate rotavirus vaccines derived from neonatal strains in India. J Infect Dis. 2005 Sep 1;192 Suppl 1:S30-5. Review.
61. Bahl R, Ray P, Subodh S, Shambharkar P, Saxena M, Parashar U, Gentsch J, Glass R, Bhan MK; Delhi Rotavirus Study Group. Incidence of severe rotavirus diarrhea in New Delhi, India, and G and P types of the infecting rotavirus strains. J Infect Dis. 2005 Sep 1;192 Suppl 1:S114-9.
62. Bhatnagar S, Gupta SD, Mathur M, Phillips AD, Kumar R, Knutton S, Unsworth J, Lock B, Natchu UC, Mukhopadhyaya S, Saini S, Bhan MK. Celiac disease with mild to moderate histologic changes is a common cause of chronic diarrhea in Indian children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2005.Aug;41(2):204-9.
63.Taneja S, Bhandari N, Bahl R, Bhan MK. Impact of zinc supplementation on mental and psychomotor scores of children aged 12 to 18 months: a randomized, double-blind trial. J Pediatr. 2005 Apr;146(4):506-11.
64. Ram G, Bhan MK, Gupta KK, Thaker B, Jamwal U, Pal S. Variability pattern and correlation studies in Silybum marianum Gaertn. Fitoterapia. 2005 Mar;76(2):143-7.
65. Bhan MK, Bhatnagar S. Racecadotril-is there enough evidence to recommend it for treatment of acute diarrhea? Indian Pediatr. 2004 Dec;41(12):1203-4.
66. Poulos C, Bahl R, Whittington D, Bhan MK, Clemens JD, Acosta CJ. A cost-benefit analysis of typhoid fever immunization programmes in an Indian urban slum community. J Health Popul Nutr. 2004 Sep;22(3):311-21.
67. Bahl R, Sinha A, Poulos C, Whittington D, Sazawal S, Kumar R, Mahalanabis D, Acosta CJ, Clemens JD, Bhan MK. Costs of illness due to typhoid fever in an Indian urban slum community: implications for vaccination policy. J Health Popul Nutr. 2004 Sep;22(3):304-10.
68. Bhandari N, Mazumder S, Bahl R, Martines J, Black RE, Bhan MK; Infant Feeding Study Group. An educational intervention to promote appropriate complementary feeding practices and physical growth in infants and young children in rural Haryana, India. J Nutr. 2004 Sep;134(9):2342-8.
69. Singal AK, Agarwala S, Mannan SA, Gupta AK, Bhan MK, Mitra DK. Diffuse intra-abdominal fibromatosis-report of a new entity with review of literature. Trop Gastroenterol. 2004 Jan-Mar;25(1):28-31. Review.
70. Jalla S, Sazawal S, Deb S, Black RE, Das SN, Sarkar A, Bhan MK. Enumeration of lymphocyte subsets using flow cytometry: Effect of storage before and after staining in a developing country setting. Indian J Clin Biochem. 2004 Jul;19(2):95-9. doi: 10.1007/BF02894264.
71. Vethanayagam RR, Ananda Babu M, Nagalaxmi KS, Maiya PP, Venkatesh HA, Purohit S, Behl R, Bhan MK, Ward RL, Greenberg HB, Durga Rao C. Possible role of neonatal infection with the asymptomatic reassortant rotavirus (RV) strain I321 in the decrease in hospital admissions for RV diarrhea, Bangalore, India, 1988-1999. J Infect Dis. 2004 Jun 15;189(12):2282-9
72. Sazawal S, Malik P, Jalla S, Krebs N, Bhan MK, Black RE. Zinc supplementation for four months does not affect plasma copper concentration in infants. Acta Paediatr. 2004 May;93(5):599-60.
74. Duggan C, Fontaine O, Pierce NF, Glass RI, Mahalanabis D, Alam NH, Bhan MK, Santosham M. Scientific rationale for a change in the composition of oral rehydration solution. JAMA. 2004 Jun 2;291(21):2628-31.
75. Bhandari N, Taneja S, Rongsen T, Chetia J, Sharma P, Bahl R, Kashyap DK, Bhan MK. Implementation of the WHO Multicentre Growth Reference Study in India. Food Nutr Bull. 2004 Mar;25(1):S66-71.
76. Bhatnagar S, Bahl R, Sharma PK, Kumar GT, Saxena SK, Bhan MK. Zinc with oral rehydration therapy reduces stool output and duration of diarrhea in hospitalized children: a randomized controlled trial. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2004 Jan;38(1):34-40.
77. Bhan MK. Current concepts in management of acute diarrhea. Indian Pediatr. 2003 May;40(5):463-76.
78. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Mazumdar S, Martines J, Black RE, Bhan MK, and the Infant Feeding Study Group. Effect of community based promotion of exclusive breast feeding on diarrhoeal illnesses and growth: a cluster randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2003;361:1418-1423.
79. Ray P, Malik J, Singh RK, Bhatnagar S, Bahl R, Kumar R and Bhan MK. Rotavirus Nonstructural Protein NSP4 Induces Heterotypic Antibody Response during Natural Infection in Children, J Infect Diseases 2003; 187(11):1786-1793.
80. Bagga A, Tripathi P, Jatana V, Hari P, Kapil A, Srivastava RN, Bhan MK. Bacteriuria and urinary tract infections in malnourished children. Pediatr Nephrol. 2003 Apr;18(4):366-70. Epub 2003 Mar 18.
81. Bhan MK. Bhandari N, Bahl R. Management of the severely malnourished child: perspective from developing countries. BMJ. 2003; 326:146-151.
82. Bhan MK, Bahl R, Sinha A, Sazawal S, Kumar R, Mahalanabis D, Clemens JD. Association between Helicobacter pylori Infection and Increased Risk of Typhoid Fever. J Infect Dis. 2002 Dec 15;186(12):1857-60.
83. Bahl R, Bhandari N, Wahed MA, Kumar GT, Bhan MK; WHO/CHD Immunization-Linked Vitamin A Group. Vitamin A supplementation of women postpartum and of their infants at immunization alters breast milk retinol and infant vitamin A status. J Nutr. 2002 Nov;132(11):3243-8.
84. Nakagomi T, Gentsch JR, Das BK, Kumar R, Bhan MK, Glass RI, Nakagomi O. Molecular characterization of serotype G2 and G3 human rotavirus strains that have an apparently identical electropherotype of the short RNA pattern. Arch Virol. 2002 Nov;147(11):2187-95.
85. Bahl R, Bhandari N, Saksena M, Strand T, Kumar GT, Bhan MK, Sommerfelt H. Efficacy of zinc-fortified oral rehydration solution in 6 to 35 month old children with acute diarrhea. J Pediatr 2002;141:677-682.
86. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Taneja S, Martines J, Bhan MK. Pathways to infant mortality in urban slums of Delhi, India: implications for improving the quality of community- and hospital-based programmes. J Health Popul Nutr. 2002 Jun;20(2):148-55.
87. Kaur G, Sarkar N, Bhatnagar S, Kumar S, Rapthap CC, Bhan MK, Mehra NK.. Pediatric celiac disease in India is associated with multiple DR3-DQ2 haplotypes. Human Immunol 2002 ;63: 677-682
88. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Taneja S, Strand T, Molbak K, Ulvik RJ, Sommerfelt S, Bhan MK. Effect of routine zinc supplementation on pneumonia in children 6 months to 3 years: a randomized controlled trial in an urban slum. Br Med J 2002; 324:1358-1362.
89. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Taneja S, Strand T, Molbak K, Ulvik RJ, Sommerfelt S, Bhan MK. Substantial reduction in severe diarrheal morbidity by daily zinc supplementation in young north Indian children. Pediatrics 2002;109 (6):86-92.
90. Strand TA, Chandyo RK, Bahl R, Sharma PR, Adhikari RK, Bhandari N, Ulvik RJ, Mølbak K, Bhan MK, Sommerfelt H. Effectiveness and efficacy of zinc for the treatment of acute diarrhea in young children. Pediatrics. 2002 May;109(5):898-903.
91. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Taneja S, de Onis M, Bhan MK. Growth performance of affluent Indian children is similar to that in developed countries. Bull World Health Organ 2002;80 (3):189-195.
92. Bahl R, Bhandari N, Kant S, Mølbak K, Østergaard E, Bhan MK. Effect of vitamin A administered at Expanded Program on Immunization contacts on antibody response to oral polio vaccine. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2002 Apr;56(4):321-5.
93. Jalla S, Sazawal S, Deb S, Black RE, Bhan MK. Modifications in flow cytometric estimation of t cell subsets and b cells in peripheral blood to reduce the cost of investigation. Indian J Clin Biochem. 2002 Jan;17(1):69-74
94. Jain V, Parashar UD, Glass RI, Bhan MK. Epidemiology of rotavirus in India. Indian J Pediatr. 2001 Sep;68(9):855-62. Review
95. Jain V, Das BK, Bhan MK and The Indian Strain Surveillance Collaborating Laboratories. Great diversity of group A rotavirus strains and high prevalence of mixed rotavirus infections in India. J Clin Microbiol 2001; 3524-3529.
96. Ray K, Embleton MJ, Jailkhani BL, Bhan MK. Selection of single chain variable fragments (scFv) against the glycoprotein antigen of the rabies virus from a human synthetic scFv phage display library and their fusion with the Fc region of human IgG1. Clin Exp Immunol 2001; 125:94-101
97. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Nayyar B, Khokhar P, Rohde JE. MK Bhan. Food supplementation with encouragement to feed it to infants from 4 to 12 months of age has a small impact on weight gain. J Nutr 2001; 131(7):1946-51.
98. Bhan MK, Sommerfelt H, Strand T. Micronutrient deficiency in children. Br J Nutr 2001; 85 (Suppl 2): S199-S203.
99. Mahalanabis D, Bhan MK. Micronutrients as adjunct therapy of acute illness in children: impact on the episode outcome and policy implications of current findings. Br J Nutr. 2001 May;85 Suppl 2:S151-8.
100. Strand TA, Briles DE, Gjessing HK, Maage A, Bhan MK, Sommerfelt H. Pneumococcal pulmonary infection, septicaemia and survival in young zinc-depleted mice. Br J Nutr. 2001 Aug;86(2):301-6.
101. Valentiner-Branth P, Steinsland H, Santos G, Perch M, Begtrup K, Bhan MK, Dias F, Aaby P, Sommerfelt H, Mølbak K. Community-based controlled trial of dietary management of children with persistent diarrhea: sustained beneficial effect on ponderal and linear growth. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001 May; 73(5):968-74.
102. Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK. Serological diagnosis of celiac disease. Indian J Pediatr. 1999;66(1 Suppl):S26-31. Review.
103. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Mazumdar S, Black RE, Bhan MK. Process Evaluation of a Community Based Intervention to Improve Breast Feeding and Complementary Feeding Practices in Rural Haryana, India. The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology 2001; 15(4): A255.
104. Ramachandran M, Kirkwood CD, Unicomb L, Cunliffe NA, Ward RL, Bhan MK. Molecular characterization of serotype G9 rotavirus strain from a global collection. Virology 2000; 278: 436-44.
105. Sinha A, Sazawal S, Kumar R, Sood S, Reddaiah V.P, Singh B, Rao M, Naficy A, Clemens J.D and Bhan MK. Typhoid fever in children aged less than 5 years. Lancet 1999; 354 (9180): 734-7.
106. Bahl R, Kumar R, Bhandari N, Kant S, Shrivastava R, Bhan MK. Vitamin A administered with measles vaccine to nine-month-old infants does not reduce vaccine immunogenicity. J Nutr 1999 129(8):1569-73.
107. Bahl R, Bhandari N, Michael K. Hambidge and Bhan MK. Plasma zinc as a predictor of diarrheal and respiratory morbidity in children in an urban slum setting. Am J Clin Nutr 1998; 68 (suppl):414S-7S.
108. Ramachandran M, Vij A, Kumar R, Das BK, Gentsch JR, Bhan MK. Lack of maternal antibodies to P-serotypes may predispose neonates to infections with unusual rotavirus strains. CDLI 1998;5(4):527-530.
109. WHO/CHD Immunization-Linked Vitamin A Supplementation Study Group. Randomized trial to assess benefits and safety of vitamin A supplementation linked to immunization in early infancy. Lancet 1998;352:1257-63.
110. Sazawal S, Black RE, Jalla S, Mazumdar S, Sinha A, Bhan MK. Zinc supplementation reduces the incidence of acute lower respiratory infections in infants and preschool children: a double-blind, controlled trial. Pediatr 1998;102(1 Pt 1):1-5.
111. Nath I, Reddy KS, Dinshaw KA, Bhisey AN, Krishnaswami K, Bhan MK, Ganguly NK, Kaur S, Panda SK, Jameel S, Srinivasan K, Thankappan KR, Valiathan MS. Country profile: India. Lancet. 1998 Apr 25;351(9111):1265-75.
112. Bhatnagar S, Singh KD, Sazawal S, Saxena SK, Bhan MK. Efficacy of milk versus yogurt offered as part of a mixed diet in acute noncholera diarrhea among malnourished children. J Pediatr 1998 Jun;132(6):999-1003.
113. Bhan MK, Bhandari N. The role of zinc and vitamin A in persistent diarrhea among infants and young children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1998;26(4):446-53.
114. Arora NK, Anand NK, Bhan MK, Jailkhani B, Aggarwal A, Meenu R, Batla R. Nutrient absorption from a fat-enriched diet in young malnourished children: a randomized controlled trial. Acta Paediatr 1998 Feb;87(2):143-8.
115. Cunliffe NA, Das BK, Ramachandran M, Bhan MK, Glass RI, Gentsch JR. Sequence analysis demonstrates that VP6, NSP1 and NSP4 genes of Indian neonatal rotavirus strain 116E are of human origin. Virus Genes 1997;15(1):39-44.
116. Cunliffe NA, Woods PA, Leite JP, Das BK, Ramachandran M, Bhan MK, Hart CA, Glass RI, Gentsch JR. Sequence analysis of NSP4 gene of human rotavirus allows classification into two main genetic groups. J Med Virol 1997 Sep;53(1):41-50.
117. Sazawal S, Black RE, Bhan MK, Jalla S, Sinha A, Bhandari N. Efficacy of zinc supplementation in reducing the incidence and prevalence of acute diarrhea – a community based, double blind, controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 1997;66:413-8.
118. Grewal HMS, Valvatne H, Bhan MK, Gaastra W, Sommerfelt H. A new putative fimbrial colonization factor CS19 of human enterogenic Escherichia coli. Infect Immun 1997;507-13.
119. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Sazawal S, Bhan MK. Breast feeding status alters the impact of vitamin A treatment during acute diarrhea in children. J Nutr 1997;127(1):59-63.
120. Bahl R, Bhandari N, Taneja S, Bhan MK. The impact of vitamin A supplementation on physical growth of children is dependent on season. Eur J Clin Nutr 1997;51:26-9.
121. Sazawal S, Bentley M, Black RE, George S, Dhingra P, Bhan MK. Effect of zinc supplementation on observed activity in low socioeconomic Indian preschool children. Pediatr 1996;98(6):1132-6.
122. Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK, Singh KD, Saxena SK, Shariff M. Efficacy of milk based diets in persistent diarrhea: A randomized controlled trial. Pediatr 1996;98(6):1122-6.
123. Bahl R, Bhandari N, Bhan MK, Saxena M, Bagati A. Efficacy of antimicrobial treatment in non-dysenteric persistent diarrhea in a community setting. Acta Paediatr 1996;85:1290-4.
124. Sommerfelt H, Steinsland H, Grewal HMS, Vibound GI, Bhandari N, Gaastra W, Svennerholm AM, Bhan MK. Colonization factors of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli isolated from children in North India. J Infect Dis 1996;174:768-76.
125. Gentsch JR, Woods PA, Ramachandran M, Das BK, Leite JP, Alfieri A, Kumar R, Bhan MK, Glass RI. Review of G and P typing results from a global collection of strains : implications for vaccine development. J Infect Dis 1996;174 (suppl):S30-6.
126. Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK. Prognostic factors in hospitalized children with persistent diarrhoea. implications for diet therapy. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1996;23:151-8.
127. Valvatne H, Sommerfelt H, Gaastra W, Bhan MK, Grewal HMS. Identification and characterization of CS 20, a New Putative Colonization Factor of Enterotoxigenic Escherichia Coli. Infect Immun 1996;64:2635-42.
128. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Bhatnagar V, Bhan MK. Treating sick young infants in urban slum setting. Lancet 1996;347:1774-5.
129. Savarino SJ, McVeigh A, Watson J, Cravioto A, Molina J, Echeverria P, Bhan MK, Levine MM, Fasano A. Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli Heat-Stable Enterotoxin is not Restricted to Enteroaggregative Escherichia Coli. J Infect Dis 1996; 173:1019-22.
130. Ramachandran M, Das BK, Vij A, Kumar R, Bhambal SS, Kesari N, Rawat H, Lalita B, Thakur S, Woods PA, Glass RI, Bhan MK. Unusual diversity of human rotavirus G and P genotypes in India. J Clin Microbiol 1996;34(2):346-9.
131. Bhandari N, Bahl R, Hambidge KM, Bhan MK. Increased diarrheal and respiratory morbidity in association with zinc deficiency - a preliminary report. Acta Pediatr 1996; 85:148-50.
132. Sazawal S, Black RE, Bhan MK, Jalla S, Bhandari N, Sinha A, Majumdar S. Zinc supplementation reduces the incidence of persistent diarrhea and dysentery among low socioeconomic children in India. J Nutr 1996;126:443-50.
133. International Working Group on Persistent Diarrhea. Evaluation of the efficacy of an algorithm for the treatment of persistent diarrhea : A multicentre study. Bull World Health Organ 1996; 74(5):479-89.
134. Sazawal S, Black RE, Bhan MK, Bhandari N, Sinha A, Jalla S. Zinc supplementation in young children with acute diarrhea in India. N Eng J Med 1995;333(13):839-44.
135. Debroy C, Yealy J, Wilson RA, Bhan MK, Kumar R. Antibodies raised against the outer membrane protein interrupt adherence of enteroaggregative Escherichia coli. Infect Immun 1995;63(8) :2873-9.
136. Pradhan KM, Arora NK, Jena A, Susheela AK, Bhan MK. Safety of ciprofloxacin therapy in children: magnetic resonance images, body fluid levels of fluoride and linear growth. Acta Paediatr 1995;84.
137. International Study Group. Potential interventions for the prevention of childhood pneumonia in developing countries: a meta-analysis of data from field trials to assess the impact of vitamin A supplementation on pneumonia morbidity and mortality. Bull World Health Organ 1995;73(5):609-19.
138. Bhan MK, Woo Chea E, Fontaine O. Multicentre evaluation of reduced-osmolarity oral rehydration salts solution. Lancet 1995;345:282-5.
139. Bhandari N, Bhan MK, Sazawal S. Vitamin A supplementation in preschool children with acute diarrhea. Br Med J 1995;310 (6978):530.
140. Debroy C, Bright BD, Wilson RA, Jeanne Y, Kumar R, Bhan MK. Plasmid-coded DNA fragment developed as a specific gene probe for the identification of enteroaggregative Escherichia coli. J Med Microbiol 1994;41:393-8.
141. Bhandari N, Bhan MK, Sazawal S. Impact of massive dose of vitamin A given to preschool children with acute diarrhea on subsequent respiratory and diarrheal morbidity. Br Med J 1994;309 (6966):1404-7.
142. Cicirello HG, Das BK, Gupta A, Bhan MK, Gentsch JR, Kumar R, Glass RI. High prevalence of rotavirus infection among neonates born at hospitals in Delhi, India : Predisposition of newborns for infection with unusual rotavirus. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1994;13(8):720-4.
143. Das BK, Gentsch JR, Cicirello HG, Woods PA, Gupta A, Ramachandran M, Kumar R, Bhan MK, Glass R. Characterization of rotavirus strains from newborns in New Delhi, India. J Clin Microbiol 1994;32(7):1820-22.
144. Grewal HM, Helander A, Svennerholm AM, Bhan MK, Gaastra W, Sommerfelt H. Genotypic and phenotypic identification of coli surface antigen 6-positive enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. J Clin Microbiol. 1994 May;32(5):1295-301.
145. Bhan MK, Mahalanabis D, Fontaine O, Pierce NF. Clinical trials of improved oral rehydration salt formulations : a review. Bull World Health Organ 1994;72(6):945-55.
146. Das BK, Gentsch JR, Hoshino Y, Ishida SI, Nakagomi O, Bhan MK, Kumar R, Glass RI. Characterization of the G serotype and genogroup of New Delhi newborn rotavirus strain 116E. Virology 1993;197:99-107.
147. Bhan MK, Lew JF, Sazawal S, Das BK, Gentsch JR, Glass RI. Protection conferred by neonatal rotavirus infection against subsequent rotavirus diarrhea. J Infect Dis 1993;168:282-7.
148. Gentsch JR, Das BK, Jiang B, Bhan MK, Glass RI. Similarity of the VP4 protein of human rotavirus strain 116E to that of the bovine B223 strain. Virology 1993;194: 424-30.
149. Malini S, Bhan MK, Knutton S, Das BK, Saini S, Kumar R. Evaluation of the fluorescence actin staining test for detection of enteropathogenic Escherichia coli. J Clin Microbiol 1993;31(2):386-9.
150. Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK, Sommerfelt H, Sazawal S, Kumar R, Saini S. Enteroaggregative escherichia coli may be a new pathogen causing acute and persistent diarrhea. Scand J Infect Dis 1993;25:579-83.
151. Sommerfelt H, Bhan MK, Srivastava R, Bhatnagar S. Evaluation of DNA-DNA hybridization for the direct detection of enterotoxigenic escherichia coli in stool blots. Scand J Infect Dis 1993;25:457-63.
152. Sazawal S, Bhan MK, Bhandari N. Type of milk feeding during acute diarrhea and the risk of persistent diarrhea : A case control study. Acta Paediatr 1992;381 :93-7.1
153. Bhandari N, Bhan MK, Sazawal S. Mortality associated with acute watery diarrhea, dysentery and persistent diarrhea in rural North India. Acta Paediatr 1992;381:3-6.
154. Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK, George C, Gupta U, Kumar R, Bright D, Saini S. Is small bowel bacterial overgrowth of pathogenic significance in persistent diarrhea. Acta Pediatr Scand 1992;381:108-13.
155. Sommerfelt H, et al. Genetic relationship of putative colonization factor O166 to colonization factor antigen I and coli surface antigen 4 of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. Infect Immun. 1992 Sep;60(9):3799-806.
156. Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK, Sazawal S, Gupta U, George C, Arora NK, Kashyap DK. Efficacy of massive dose oral gentamicin therapy in nonbloody persistent diarrhea with associated malnutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1992;15(2):117-24.
157. Sommerfelt H, Grewal HMS, Gaastra W, Svennerholm AM, Bhan MK. Use of nonradioactive DNA hybridization for identification of enterotoxigenic escherichia coli harboring genes for colonization factor antigen I, coli surface antigen 4, or putative colonization factor O166. J Clin Microbiol 1992;30(7):1823-28.
158. Gentsch JR, Glass RI, Woods P, Gouvea V, Gorziglia M, Flores J, Das BK, Bhan MK. Identification of group A Rotavirus gene 4 types by polymerase chain reaction. J Clin Microbiol 1992;30(6):1365-73.
159. Knutton S, Shaw RK, Bhan MK, Smith HR, McConnell MM, Cheasty T, Williams PH, Baldwin TJ. Ability of enteroaggregative E.coli strains to adhere in vitro to human intestinal mucosa. Infect Immun 1992;60(5):2083-91.
160. Khoshoo V, Bhan MK, Kumar R, Arora NK, Stintzing G. Is cow's milk protein sensitive enteropathy a cell mediated immunological phenomenon? Acta Paediatr Scand 1991; 80(11):1092-3.
161. Sommerfelt H, Grewal HM, Gaastra W, Bhan MK, Svennerholm AM, Kalland KH, Asphaug V, Aasland R, Bjorvatn B. Presence of cfaD-homologous sequences and expression of coli surface antigen 4 on enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; relevance for diagnostic procedures. Microb Pathog. 1991; 11(4):297-304.
162. Sazawal S, Bhan MK, Bhandari N, Clemens J, Bhatnagar S. Evidence for recent diarrheal morbidity as a risk factor for persistent diarrhea: a case control study. Int J Epidemiol 1991;20(2):540-5.
163. Sazawal S, Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK, Saxena SK, Arora NK, Aggarwal SK, Kashyap DK. Alanine-Based oral rehydration solution: Assessment of efficacy in acute noncholera diarrhea among children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1991;2:461-8.
164. Mohan N, Bhan MK, Kumar R, Kumar R. Detection of Antigenuria with monoclonal antibodies in typhoid fever patients. Clinical Biotechnology 1991;3(1):47-52.
165. Jayashree A, Bhan MK, Bhandari N, Kumar R, Raj P, Sazawal S. Rotavirus-specific antibody response in saliva of infants with rotavirus diarrhea. J Infect Dis 1990; 162(6):1383-4.
166. Khoshoo V, Bhan MK, Jayashree S, Kumar R, Glass RI. Rotavirus infection and persistent diarrhea in young children. Lancet. 1990;336 (8726):1314-5.
167. Grewal HMS, Sommerfelt H, Gaastra W, Svennerholm AM, Bhan MK, Hamers AM, Kumar R, Wiklund G. Detection of colonization factor antigen I-positive Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli with a cloned polynucleotide probe. J Clin Microbiol 1990; 28:2264-8.
168. Bhan MK, Sazawal S, Bhatnagar S, Bhandari N, Guha DK, Aggarwal SK. Glycine, Glycyl-Glycine and maltodextrin based oral rehydration solution : Assessment of efficacy and safety in comparison to standard ORS. Acta Pediatr 1990;79:518-26.
169. Sommerfelt H, Grewal HMS, Bhan MK. Simplified and accurate non-radioactive polynucleotide gene probe assay for identification of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. J Clin Microbiol 1990;28(1):49-54.
170. Bhan MK, Khoshoo V, Puri S, Jain R, Jayashree S, Bhatnagar S. Serum anti gliadin antibody profile in childhood protracted diarrhea due to coeliac disease and other causes in developing country. Scand J Gastroenterol 1989;24:1212-6.
171. Khoshoo V, Raj P, Srivastava R, Bhan MK. Salmonella typhimurium-associated severe protracted diarrhea in infants and young children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1990;10(1):33-6.
172. Bhan MK, Booth W, Desjeux JF, Nath SK, Stinzing G. The role of European specialists in training overseas post-graduate in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. Acta Pediatr 1990;79:248-9.
173. Bhan MK, Khoshoo V, Sommerfelt H, Raj P, Sazawal S. Entero-aggregative Escherichia coli and Salmonella associated with non-dysenteric persistent diarrhea. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1989;8:499-502.
174. Khoshoo V, Bhatnagar S, Bhan MK. Monosaccharide intolerance complicating protracted diarrhea in infants. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1989;9:131-4.
175. Bhan MK, Raj P, Khoshoo V, Bhandari N. Quantitation and properties of fecal and upper small intestinal aerobic microflora in infants and young children with persistent diarrhea. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1989;9:40-5.
176. Bhan MK, Raj P, Levine MM, Kaper JB, Bhandari N, Shrivastava R, Kumar R, Sazawal S. Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli associated with persistent diarrhea in a cohort of rural Indian children. J Infect Dis 1989;15:1061-4.
177. Bhandari N, Bhan MK, Sazawal S, Clemens JD, Bhatnagar S, Khoshoo V. Association of antecedent malnutrition with persistent diarrhea. A case control study. BMJ 1989;298: 1284-7.
178. Panda SK, et al. Etiologic spectrum of acute sporadic viral hepatitis in children in India. Trop Gastroenterol. 1989 Apr-Jun;10(2):106-10.
179. Bhan MK, Khoshoo V. Increased fecal alpha-1 antitrypsin excretion in children with persistent diarrhea associated with enteropathogens. Acta Pediatr 1989;78: 265-8.
180. Bhan MK, Khoshoo V, Chowdhary D. Malabsorption in children with persistent diarrhea: a rapidly reversible phenomenon. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1989;8: 134.
181. Bhan MK, Bhandari N, Sazawal S, Raj P. Descriptive epidemiology of persistent diarrhea among young children in rural northern India. Bull World Health Organ 1989;67:281-8.
182. Bhan MK, Brahmadattan KN, Srivastava R, Suresh M. Oligo-nucleotide gene probes may detect enterotoxigenic E.coli directly in fecal smears. APMIS 1989;97:91-4.
183. Jayashree S , Bhan MK , Kumar R , Bhandari N, Sazawal S. Protection against neonatal rotavirus infection by breast milk antibodies and trypsin inhibitors. J Med Virol 1988; 26:333-8.
184. Khoshoo V, Bhan MK. Antireticulin antibodies. Useful adjunct to histopathology in diagnosing coeliac disease specially in a developing country. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1988;7:864-6.
185. Sommerfelt H , Raj P, Moseley SL, Bhan MK, Bjorvatn B. Cloned polynucleotide and synthetic oligonucleatide probes used in colony hybridization are equally efficient in identification of enterotoxigenic E. coli. J Clin Microbiol 1988;26:2275-8.
186. Jayashree S, Bhan MK, Kumar R, Raj P. Serum and salivary antibodies as indicators of rotavirus infection in neonates. J Infect Dis 1988;158:1117-20.
187. Khoshoo V, Moudgil A, Vasudev AS, Bhan MK, Srivastava RN. Haemolytic uraemic syndrome associated with Salmonella Dysentery. Acta Pediatr 1988;77:604-5.
188. Bhan MK, Raj P, Bhandari N, Stintzing G, Prasad AK. Role of enteric adenovirses and rotaviruses in mild and severe acute enteritis. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1988;7:320-3.
189. 100. Panda SK, Bhan MK. Significance of maternal and infant serum antibodies to Hepatitis B core antigen in Hepatitis B virus infection of infancy. J Med Virol 1988;24:343-9.
190. Bhan MK, Arora NK. Comparison of a lactose free cereal based formula and cow's milk in infants and children with acute gastroenteritis. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1988; 7:208-13.
191. Khoshoo V, Bhan MK. Celiac disease as a cause of protracted diarrhea in Indian children. Lancet 1988;1:126-7.
192. Jayashree S, Bhan MK, Raj P, Kumar R, Bhandari N. Neonatal rotavirus infection and its relation to cord blood antibodies. Scand J Infect Dis 1988;20:249-53.
193. Bhan MK, Ghai OP, Khoshoo V. Efficacy of lentil and pop rice based rehydration solution in comparison with the standard glucose electrolyte solution. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1987; 6:392-9.
194. Nayak NC, Bhan MK, Guha DK. Dynamics and impact of perinatal transmission of Hepatitis B virus. J Med Virol 1987;21:137-45.
195. Khoshoo V, Bhan MK, Arora NK, Sood D, Kumar R, Stintzing G. Leucocyte Migration Inhibition in cow's milk protein intolerance. Acta Pediatr 1986;75 :308-12.
Total international and national publications: 234